So we went to the zoo on Memorial Day this year! I had known that Michelle and her family was going to go, but I told Mom and Dad that it would be too crowded. But then that morning, Mom and Dad decided they were going to brave it...and I realized that if they were going, we should, too! So we did, and overall it was fine...harder to have it more crowded, but it was still great.
Nathan rode on a train for the first time, which was the highlight of his day. I offered to have him sit on my lap, but no, he wanted to sit on the bench by himself and pay attention! He just loved it. And then we also saw the gorillas. For awhile now, N has been fearful of gorillas...or of his idea of them, anyway. There's a King Kong restaurant now on the way to Mom and Dad's, and he always says he wants to see the gorilla, then changes his mind at the last minute and doesn't want anything to do with it. So when he first saw a real gorilla, he looked and said he wanted to get away from it and I said OK (I had talked to him about it before we went and I said he didn't HAVE to look at the gorilla, and that we could always leave). But then he decided that he wanted Grandpa to hold him while he looked, and that made all the difference. He did really well and conquered his fear. I'm really proud of him.

No comments:
Post a Comment