So Nathan seems to be a really laid-back, "oh well, let's deal with it" kind of kid. Or at least that's what he's mimicking! It's really sweet and a good reminder of how to react when something not-so-great happens.
Tonight, he was playing with his laptop and put it on top of mine...and when I moved it so we could eat dinner, I saw that the screws on the bottom of his laptop put some pretty deep scratches in my still fairly new laptop. :( I wasn't angry or anything, but pretty sad, and right away Nathan started telling me not to be scared because God is with me. I told him that I wasn't scared, but I was sad, and he said not to be scared OR sad because God is with me. :) It was actually really sweet...he's such a caring little guy. A few minutes later, when I was looking at the scratches again, he said "You use it with a scratch. Just leave it on there," like he was shrugging it off...you just use it like that, Mom, what's the big deal. A good reminder...I can certainly "use it like that" and it will be fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment