Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I've Been Working on the Railroad

So this morning as I was making breakfast, I found myself singing "I've been working on the railroad."  Nathan wasn't home with me at the time.  :)  I laughed and kept cooking...and a few minutes it happened again.  And again on the drive to work.  Wow.  Motherhood?  Kid-brain?  Pretty funny.

Also, Nathan is starting to understand what "joking" means and doing things just to be silly...and that using the wrong word in a song is okay and can be pretty fun actually.  For months now (a year?), I've been singing "Row row row your potato" (for example) and he always corrects me and acts just slightly exasperated that I am not getting the words right.  But now....he joins me, and looks around the room and chooses different words to put in the song: "Life is but a table....life is but a plant."  Really fun.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment